With our process, every aspect of a home or building is sealed and retro-fitted with built-in features to make it automatically FloodSafe!
- No protective shields to install
- No temporary barriers to erect
- No mechanisms to activate
How is a building protected by FloodSafe USA?
- Specialized technology seals and prevents passage of water through the foundation-to-wall base joint around the building perimeter.
- Our patented wall system includes a combination of coatings, sealant materials, and specialized application techniques applied to the existing exterior wall to seal it watertight.
- All thru-wall penetrations are sealed tightly to prevent water intrusion into the wall cavity.
- Specialized, state-of-the-art industrial-grade coatings are applied to the exterior wall surfaces to the designated flood height, sealing all walls from water infiltration.
- Owner selected architectural finishes are applied over exterior wall coating areas to produce an aesthetically pleasing finish.
- High-quality operable or non-operable Flood Windows are installed and sealed into place as may be required.
- High-quality Flood Doors constructed to withstand water intrusion are installed and sealed into place. The Flood Door is automatically activated when in the closed position.
- Exterior electrical outlets that may be affected by rising water are elevated above the designated flood elevation, and plumbing modifications are performed that prevent sewer back-up and potable water contamination that can occur during a flood event. If necessary, exterior air conditioning equipment is protected or elevated above the flood elevation in order to prevent damage.
How about new construction flood protection?
If you are about to construct a new home or commercial building, it would be wise to consider FloodSafe USA flood protection technology in your new construction project. Many of the retro-fit features mentioned above become “standard features” when they are incorporated into the construction of a new home or commercial building, and the cost for this added benefit is substantially less expensive than the retro-fit of an existing structure.