Salary Range $70,000 – $85,000 Annually
Reports to Chief Operating Officer
Date September 2018
Summary/Objective The Flood Safe Project Manager ensures projects have project plans, project progression and ensures project completion. It is important for the project manager to work closely with the Inventory Coordinator, Crew Leads and the Chief Operating Officer. Regular project status updates are required.
* Plans all aspects of Projects from beginning to end
* Verifies field measurements for custom material orders and inspects jobsite prior projected start date (when necessary) to appropriately plan for and implement scope of work
* Communicates a punch list to the client for any work that needs to be done prior to floodproofing (for example):
* Trim back bushes that are in the way
* Clear space for work in garage
* Electrical work, etc.
* Submits and approves all material/supply orders specific to projects to Inventory Manager (or orders directly if none)
* Coordinates schedule for work with client/crew/subs
* Gets Bids for outsourced work/coordinates and inspects that work/approves finished work for payment to subs
* Manages job (daily jobsite visits and inspections)
* Responsible for ensuring all Crew Leads have properly outfitted their trailers and are fully supplied for every job – may require hauling a trailer or other materials as needed on short notice
* Responsible for QAQC (Quality Assurance Quality Control) Procedures
* Performs final work inspection and client walk-thru
* Makes sure everything is documented in builder software
* Manages Crew Leads and FloodSafe Specialists
* Responsible for analyzing overall and individual crew performance and reporting findings/recommendations to the Chief Operating Officer
* Responsible for submitting all HR documentation to that department for timely processing, including disciplinary actions, performance evaluations, wage change requests, etc.
* Communication Proficiency
* Customer/Client Focus
* Teamwork Orientation
* Results Driven
* Stress Management/Composure
* Project Management
* Time Management
* Problem Solving/Analysis
Supervisory Responsibility This position supervises FloodSafe Crew Leads and their supervision of FloodSafe Specialists
Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust, mud and bugs. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at project job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Days and hours for jobsites are most commonly Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. This position may require some overtime and occasional weekend work.
Travel Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. Reliable transportation and some hauling is required.
High School Diploma
Must know Microsoft Excel or equivalent spreadsheet software
Preferred Education and Experience 3-5 years of project management experience preferred.
PMP Certification preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be able to provide eligibility to work in the USA.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Signatures This job description has been approved by all levels of management:
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.