Salary Range $12.00 – 20.00 per hour
Reports to Chief Operating Officer
Date September 2018
Summary/Objective The FloodSafe Inventory Manager ensures all projects have the equipment, tools and materials needed to ensure project completion in a timely manner, which requires stocking necessary materials in sufficient quantities to keep up with work demand, and the timely order of non-stock items. The Inventory Manager works closely with the Project Manager, Crew Leads and the Chief Operating Officer to achieve this. Regular inventory reporting and proficient use of various computer technologies is required.
* Ensures proper stock of frequently used product and purchase of non-stock items
* Orders materials, tools and equipment as needed to ensure projects are not delayed
* Prepares all inventory materials, tools and equipment needed for completion of project
* Utilizes the company system to update inventory on-hand and keeps an accurate account of all
materials, products and equipment
* Coordinates with Project Manager to ensure accuracy of ordered inventory
* Issues and tracks POs to vendors, in accordance with company policy
* Responsible for adding/modifying materials, tools and equipment when needed and accounts for these in the company system
* Responsible for ordering and restocking inventory as needed to keep up with work demand
* Inventory Manager will have a company credit card. All expenses must be accounted for according to the expense policy. Failure to comply with the expense policy will be grounds for immediate termination.
* Communication Proficiency
* Customer/Client Focus
* Teamwork Orientation
* Results Driven
* Stress Management/Composure
* Inventory Management
* Time Management
* Problem Solving/Analysis
* Attention to Detail
Supervisory Responsibility This position has no supervisory responsibility
Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently dealing with lifting heavy objects in an environment without climate control. Communications skills are a must to ensure seamless coordination with the Project Manager. Travel will be minimal.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work are most commonly Monday through Friday and determined by the project workload. Approximately 20-30 hours per week. There will be on-call situations and trips to the store for supplies. Minimum of 2 trips to the storage facility per week to ensure project supplies are ready for projects and inventory is all accounted for properly.
Travel Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected. No overnight travel is expected for this position.
High School Diploma
Must know Microsoft Excel or equivalent spreadsheet software
Must be proficient with computers, tablets, smartphones, and able to learn operation of other devices quickly as needed.
Preferred Education and Experience 3-5 years of inventory management experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be able to provide eligibility to work in the USA.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.