Reports to Crew Lead
The FloodSafe Specialist performs tasks involving physical labor to ensure proper installation of FloodSafe products. The position may operate a variety of hand tools and may clean and prepare sites, mix and apply masonry, drill or cut masonry using proper techniques to ensure maximum safety and protect structure, apply materials and coatings according to procedure, clean up rubble and debris, and remove waste materials. The position may assist other FloodSafe Specialists and have minimum supervision.
* Safely operates, cleans and maintains all tools and machinery, including carpentry equipment, masonry equipment, power tools, and painting equipment and tools according to manufacturer or company requirements
* Properly prepares and protects structure and owner possessions prior to all procedures
* Knows the correct materials, procedures and techniques to use for each product or service and performs applications accordingly, with precision and close attention to detail
* Is observant to all risk areas for water intrusion and adequately eliminates these risks through implementation of appropriate measures in accordance with the project scope of work
* Is observant to any potential areas of risk that may not have been accounted for in the contract and brings them to the attention of the Crew Lead
* Can answer client inquiries about scope of work and additional products or services that may meet their needs
* Can conduct oneself in a confident, professional and respectful manner even when stressed and/or focused on individual tasks
* Can maintain the appearance of the jobsite through cleaning and organization, properly disposing of excess materials and trash
* Utilizes builder software in accordance with procedures
* Understands and carries out oral and written instructions
* Communicates concerns and problems to crew leaders or management in a constructive and timely manner
* Utilizes the chain of command appropriately
* Is eager to learn and share new skills
* Can maintain positive, cooperative relationships with other team members
* Can display tact and diplomacy with team members and clients even when busy or hectic
* Can work steadily and productively, keeping distractions to a minimum
* Takes personal responsibility for each assigned task, as well as the overall project, to achieve successful completion on time and on budget
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Communication Proficiency
* Customer/Client Focus
* Teamwork Orientation
* Results Driven
* Detail Orientation
* Stress Management/Composure
Supervisory Responsibility This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust, mud and insects. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at project job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position lifts heavy objects, walks, squats, kneels and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jumps, sprints or throws objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multilimbed coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position as weather and work demands permit. Days and hours of work are most
commonly Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. This position may require some overtime and occasional weekend work.
Travel Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be requested.
Preferred Education and Experience 1-2 years of masonry, carpentry and/or painting experience preferred. Must be fluent in oral and written English. No other formal education required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be able to provide eligibility to work in the USA.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.